Friday, October 1, 2010

Day One - A photo of a recent book you've read.

A photo of a recent book/books you've read.

I have been fairly productive and very proud! I finished these two in one sitting. I am now officially dying for more of this fallen angels x humans love struggles. It's almost amazing how I managed to read another book after such a long time of finding excuses not to. So .. myeah! here are photos of the two most recent books I've read and an added bonus *review* cause I just cant publish a post without writing anything that would leave me feeling accomplished.


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6339664-hush-hush

Review

I really enjoyed reading this book ! I'm not too crazy about the story though. I think it lacks depth but.. I love the history revolving around the angels and the humans and the nephilims. You will see some Twilight moments every now and then. These comparisons would be envitable for an avid reader of young adult fictions. But let's just say that a sparkling vampire is a far cry from a fallen angel, a fallen archangel at that. :> Everything is written in Nora's point of view and sometimes I do find her boring and Bella-ish on some occassions(compared to her bestfriend Vee who stood out, personality wise). But I adore Nora whenever she's with Patch, just thinking about their chemistry makes me gush! Patch, the fallen archangel/love interest is quite the commodity, I love his witty remarks and well.. the character in general. He has a rich background and I really want to say more but I don't want to spoil the whole thing. I wish to hear more of him and his story on the second installement Crescendo (10/19/10)


There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6487308-fallen

Review:

I highly recommend this book.
The story is so rich and was written in great detail! There are lots of twists and turns and oh-no-she-did-not stills in here so you can never guess what will happen next. And I just fell in love with the main character, Luce. Imagine being surrounded by a lot of gothic fallen angels inside a hellhole. It's a dream come true right?... or not. But as I've said, it's very well written, and will leave you hungry for more.

So there you have Luce, a goody goody girl.. well almost, since she's kind of suffering from scary dementor like visions which are out to get her. She was sent to reform school because she was involved in a mysterious fire incident which killed one of her former classmates. In Sword and Cross, she meets the crazy-rebellious Arianne, who befriends her right away. Cam, the pale skinned rocker who's just crazy about her! and Daniel, the mysterious guy she can't get enough of.. and the same guy who flipped her off on her first day. Smooth.
Will now start on the second installment of the series later :>
So yeah! Yay for boring afternoons and no internet :>
Yay for silly romatics like me and awesome book art covers
And yay for first post on my 31 day challenge :3
Til next time!



No comments: